Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Calyn Seah (2)

Issue being discussed:  A man killed his elder brother after a heated argument and is now arrested.
General observations about issue discussed: They are siblings and I think kinship is more important than what they are arguing about. We should learn to calm down and talk things over and not resort to violence as it will never solve the problem.
How the writer approaches this issue: What this man did was really cruel and terrifying. It is foolish to be violent over an argument. One should learn how to control our emotions and not do foolish things in a moment of folly. I think if they have family problems, they should sit down and talk about it and not do serious things like resorting to kill the other party. This is a serious consequence and I'm sure he would regret it for rest of his life as they are brothers after all.
Relating to singapore context: I think this man would probably get a death sentence or be sentenced jail for his whole life. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. Indeed, kinship is very important, it is something that cannot return when lost. What this man did was extremely foolish and unforgivable. Even if they had a heated arguement, but he should learn to control his feelings and temper and not do something foolish. I think this incident will haunt him for life and he might be filled with regrets forever. I think what you said is right, when have problems with each other, calm down first and sit down and talk would be the best solution. No arguments should be allowed. I believe a severe punishment will be ahead of this man. I think he should have learnt a huge life lesson.

    ReplyDelete