Thursday, 14 May 2015

Wei Zeyu 21 (week 7)


The issue being discussed today is about teen blogger convicted on two charges. Teenager Amos Yee Pang Sang was found guilty of uploading obscene image on his blog and intending to hurt the feeling of Christians in a Youtube video. He is scheduled to find out his sentence on June 2, by which time a report on whether he is suitable for probation will be ready.

I felt angry after seeing this article. I did not watch the video but I heard from others that what is video is all about is insulting Christianity. I am a Christian myself, since young, my mother has brought me to church every week to worship our God. I believe in my religion and I respected God. However, this teenager, did I not respect my religion instead, he insulted it. I was furious not only because that it is my religion Singapore is a country which everyone has the freedom of religion, so we should all respect one another's religion, he should not have insulted any religion even though he is a free thinker. Amos Yee has also insulted our Late mr Lee Kuan Yew, I think his parent should teach him what is alright to say and what is not. Freedom of speech does not mean that people can talk anything without thinking of its consequences. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I do agree with you that freedom of speech should also meant that he must think before saying. He should never have criticise any religion as they are all important to their believers.

    ReplyDelete