Friday, 5 June 2015

Yeoh Zi jun(36) 2H

The article I am discussing about today is about 800 people who were killed in the recent heatwave experienced by India. The temperature soared above 45 degrees and hovered there. With no end in sight, India must think of ways to escape from the heatwave. After reading this article, I was shocked by the extent of damage that global warming has caused. I feel very angry at humanity, which includes myself, about how little many of us are doing to save Mother Earth. We know we are in the wrong and are causing global warming, but we do not dare to stand out to make a difference. Also,many of us have talked about our plans for saving the planet,but we are not using it, talk about empty vessels. We need to do more or one day we will all perish along with the planet. We know that earth is going to die, that's why we are searching for other options, but we are not doing anything to save the planet which we are living in. It pains me to see that so many life forms are dying because of our selfishness. Look at the irregular weather patterns Singapore is experiencing. So many times have people teach us about global warming and what we should do to prevent it, but we do not practice what we preach. We continue littering like nobody's business. I understand why people do not try to raise awareness,because they,like me, are afraid to voice out their thoughts,scared of the scrutinity thrown by other people. However, I hope that we can step up to do our part to reduce global warming.http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/05/india-heatwave-kills-800-capital-roads-melt-150527005721511.html

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you to a certain extent that we will need to all contribute and do something to reduce global warming. However, I believe that out of the many people on earth, there are definitely some people who are trying their best to make a difference, not all the people just talk blankly without taking actions. Nevertheless, I still agree with you that there is quite a large amount people who do not dare to do something to reduce global warming, just because they are afraid to be different from others and be under the spotlight. If this improves, I believe that we will definitely be able to keep the global warming under control so that such serious disasters would not take place again.

    ReplyDelete