Friday, 5 June 2015

Yeoh Zi Jun(36) 2H

The article I am discussing about is that detained Singapore teenager had intended to kill the president and prime minister. The teenager, M.Arifil Azim Putra Norja'i was planning to join the Islamic state in Iraq and Syria(ISIS) and had intended to kill president Tony Tan Keng Yam and prime minister Lee hsien Loong. After reading about this shocking truth, I was stupefied because I had not realised that terrorism had actually seeped into Singapore as well. I am very fearful of ISIS for being such an influential terrorist group. I cannot imagine what would have happened if that teenager had managed to accomplish his mission. This shows that we must be vigilant and be on a constant lookout because we never actually know who is a terrorist. I am also very angry at the teenager for having such a ruthless thought of wanting to kill,especially harboring a desire to kill the leaders of our country. They helped build the foundation of our country and yet he is not grateful. Instead he wants to kill them. This shows that he is very ungrateful.

1 comment:

  1. Although I agree with you that I was dumbfounded to find out that these terrorism have now been so close to Singapore and that we should be more alert at all times, maybe you could have elaborated more on how you felt about the way Singapore dealt with the case. I feel that the way Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong was very good as he was very calm towards solving the matter and he even mentioned to let the citizens know that we should be aware of the situation and not think that all these terrorist attacks have not reached us yet.

    ReplyDelete