Sunday, 12 July 2015

Chuan Han Wei (26) 11/7/15

Title: MRT disruption puts strain on buses, taxis. 
On 7 July 2015, two major mrt lines broke down, leaving thousands stranded. Smart said that it could be a power fault that caused the breakdown. 

Thoughts and feelings: I was one of the commuters that experienced the breaksdown. It was horrible as the trains lights were flickering and it was stuffy inside. However, after I got out of the train, the buses were packed and I couldn't take the bus home. In the end, I had to take a taxi and reached home at 10pm. In fact, this is not the first time Smrt has a breakdown. There were many incidents before. I feel that Smrt should learn from the past incidents and not make the same mistake. Instead, they made it worse. Two mrt lines breaking down is atrocious. Even so, I waited a few bus to go to another bus stop as the bus stop was packed. I also feel that Smrt should also give free rides to commuters. 

1 comment:

  1. It was fun reading about how you felt since you were one of the people who got affected by the MRT disruption. You also stated what you had to do because of the disruption so it was good. Being a commuter of both bus and MRT, i would now prefer taking the bus even though there might not be enough seats and take a longer time after i heard about so may of the disruptions of the MRT now.

    ReplyDelete