Monday, 10 August 2015

Genevieve Lim (6) 15/7/15

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/train-services-down-north-south-and-east-west-lines

SINGAPORE — In what could potentially be the worst MRT breakdown to date, services on the North-South and East-West Lines came to a complete halt for several hours during evening rush hour today (July 7). This is the first time services on both lines were affected at the same time. A power fault had affected trains along the North-South and East-West Lines at 7.15pm, said SMRT in a statement. “This led to a system-wide disruption along the entire line.”

Response: As I was personally involved in the breakdown incident, all I can sayis that, this incident had caused me a lot of inconvenience. It was on a Tuesday, a CCA day and I was going home with my friends when the breakdown occurred halfway through our journey. In the end, my parents had to fetch me as there were no buses travelling to my home. I hope this does not happen again as this problem has indeed caused many people inconvenience, especially those who were far from their homes at the point that the breakdown occurred. It is also very serious problem as not only one, but two MRT lines broke down. Hopefully, SMRT will fix this problem as soon as possible and upgrade the train tracks to ensure a smoother and safer journey for all commuters, and making public transport very convenient for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I also feel that this is a very serious problem as it will delay people from going to their home on time. The students will not be able to do their homework and the adults cannot rest. It cuts down their time for leisure activities.

    ReplyDelete