10 victims of bacterial outbreak say they had eaten raw seafood
Authorities here are investigating a message that went viral on Monday that claimed that there is a bacteria outbreak from eating contaminated raw fish. 10 of these cases reported consumption of raw fish. However, there has not previously been any proven link between eating fish, raw or otherwise, and GBS disease. However, in adults, GBS may occasionally cause infections of the skin, joints, heart and brains. The risk factors for GBS infection include underlying chronic or co-morbid condition. The claim was circulated widely on Monday via Whatsapp message on mobile phones and also the social media.
I think that for the time being, people should avoid eating raw seafood to prevent falling sick from this bacteria. Bacteria are harmful the body and will cause the body to be in alot of pain. If the bacteria is serious, many may die as a result. We should always prevent bacterial infection in our body as it is harmful. I think the Authorities should ban selling of raw fish for a period of time to prevent people from falling prey to these bacteria.