Monday, 10 August 2015

jesper 30


http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/education/nursing-student-gave-to-others-even-in-her-death


Issue being discussed: An 18 year old nursing student said she wanted to donate her organs to the people in need after her death. After a sudden collapse due to an arterial rupture in the brain, she passes away. Her organs were donated to 5 recipients after her sudden death.

In my opinion, I think that the student is very brave and it is very kind of her to donate her organs. As stated in the article, she managed to keep 5 recipients alive. Deciding to donate her organs may be a small effort made but she managed to made 5 recipients have the hope, the chance to live again and I think it is very noble of her. In the society today, there are lesser and lesser teenagers who have the same thinking as the student, there are fewer people wanting to donate their organs after they pass away. If it was me, I will donate my organs after I pass away, since there will be no use of the healthy organs anymore, why waste it by throwing it away, I would rather my organs to be in someone's body, helping them live. I hope that through this article, there will be more youngsters out there being inspired to donate their organs, to help others even if they have passed away.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. if I were her, I would also choose to donate my organs, maybe I could help someone to get back their eyesight or help them greatly. However, I can also understand if one is unwilling to donate their body organs as some people believe in reincarnating after death.

    ReplyDelete